Paris handmade Pearl and Crystal Earrings on Silver

Friday 4 November 2011

What's in a name?

I'm sure that many of you have found yourselves with a similar dilema, what do I call my business? 

It shouldn't really be that difficult, at least we'd like to think it wasn't, however I have been deliberating for some time over the name Purple Princess Designs.  I decided a while ago that the name does not 'cut it'.  Purple as a colour is great, and many have commented that it is also their favourite, but I can't say it's brought in business. Princess has a connotation of childhood about it, and really does not reflect the kinds of designs I am now creating.  I need something which reflects quality, individuality and style to match my vision of where the business should go, but what?  I have thrown this open to the 'floor' as it were in order to see what ideas people come up with.  Interestingly, most have either suggested names which already exist, or names which just don't work.  Envision Eyes was one, a great name but sounds more like an optician than quality bridal accessories.  Crystal Couture another, but sadly already exists. 

I anyone out there has any suggestions please feel free to pass them along, I am open to anything.  However, i do have a name which I think is going to be 'the one'.  I will keep you posted and let you know my decision as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment