Paris handmade Pearl and Crystal Earrings on Silver

Friday 25 March 2011

What a fantastic day yesterday!

I travelled down to an Oasthouse near Sevenoaks, Kent yesterday for a training day with top jewellery designer and wireworker, Linda Jones.  What a very inspirational lady, and what fun she is too.  I have now picked up some very interesting and useful wireworking tips which I would never have thought of myself.

Did you know that you can actually make a fitted tiara?  Yup, made to measure so that it fits the bride or bridesmaid absolutely perfectly.  Did you know that, also, you can make different coloured and indeed, textured tiara bands?  I didn't, but I do now, and i know how as well.  I expect you think I'm going to say it's easy, but no actually it isn't that easy.  Linda makes it look easy, but it needs a lot of manipulation, strength and practise to get it right. 

However, once it's right you can strengthen the band, and also shape the hair grip holders to ensure that the band is the perfect fit, and will not come loose.  Just what the bride needs for her big day, not something that is uncomfortable, too tight, and simply doesn't fit! 

Watch out then, for some new designs which reflect this innovative style and way of working.  The possibilities are endless!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you had a good day! Can't wait to see the new creations!

    ReplyDelete