Paris handmade Pearl and Crystal Earrings on Silver

Thursday 6 October 2011

Another blog

'Well yes I do have another blog called 'Writer's Blog', I am a writer as well, that is what I do.  I am currently analysing 'Basil' by Wilkie Collins with a view to submitting a work to be published (hopefully) on the Wilkie Collins website run by Andrew Mangham at Reading University.

I am a huuge Wilkie Collins fan and studied 'Basil' for my Master's Dissertation at Reading back in 2005.  'Basil' is a fascinating story of a young man who proposes marriage to  a young lady, but ends up being usurped  by her tutor. It is a story of madness and monomania, made worse by paranoia.  I will post a section of my submission here, in order that you may read it and make comment to your heart's content.

I wish you goodnight for now... off to read more 'Basil'.

No comments:

Post a Comment