Paris handmade Pearl and Crystal Earrings on Silver

Monday 3 October 2011

where does the time go?

Well my lovely blogging followers and friends.  Just where does the time go?  I can't believe it's a month since I last blogged.  Not good!  What has happened in that month? I hear you ask, well I've started the wedding fairs again, the first of which was in a barn.  It was a 500 year old barn on the outskirts of Basingstoke.  Fabulous! I hear you cry, and it was all Tudor brickwork and high oak beams.  The only problem was that it was freezing inside and lovely and sunny outside.  No, that wasn't the only problem actually.  The floor was pure concrete; all dust and feathers from the birds nesting in the roof and the arrow-slit windows.  On arrival most of the exhibitors hearts sank as, although the barn was beautiful, a wedding venue it was not!   

however, we all laid out our wares, and once all the tables were covered and balloons were placed, the barn looked beautiful once more.  One exhibit which really caught my eye was the fruit and vegetable carving.  Yes indeed, these lovely people had carved flowers and leaves out of fruit and vegetables to make the most exotic display I think I've ever encountered.  it was gorgeous!  if you want to see some gallery pics have a look at www.carvedmagic.co.uk.

here's to the next blog, and I promise it won't be as long as last time.

Pauline

No comments:

Post a Comment